1. Facebook has had a very trying year. It all started with leaked information to Cambridge Analytica of up to 87 million users. It lost 19% value (up to $100 billion), the biggest loss in the history of the stock market. Mark Zuckerberg lost $40 billion personally. There was also congressional investigations. Overall, Facebook has had 21 scandals centered around privacy violations. Hands down, this has been the worst year for Facebook so far.
2. Apple became the first company ever in history to be worth $1 trillion dollars.
3. Apple lost 20% of its value. It went from being the first trillion dollar company to no longer holding that title.
4. Amazon’s Jeff Bezos became the richest man in history at $150 billion.
5. AT&T bought Time Warner.
6. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) passed in Europe.
7. Marriott faced the second largest data breach in history.